Last 5 years European History Questions and Answers Papers provided here. Candidates who are applied for the competitive exam can check and download the history of European MCQ from here. We have updated European history trivia to present you a scheme on how to plan for the exam.
Download pdf European history quiz Last Year Solved Question Papers from the link provided. Therefore, if you are among the one who is searching for the European history quiz Old Papers, then you can check here. Hence, go through the following sections and download the European quiz Model General Knowledge Question Papers Pdf. Interested aspirants can also check the ap European history practice exam.
Questions and Answers on European History
1. Who is the oldest British monarch to sit on the Throne?
(A) Queen Victoria
(B) Queen Elizabeth-II
(C) Queen Mary Tudor
(D) Queen Anne
2. From which city did the Russian Revolution begin ?
(A) St. Petersburg
3. Which country emerged as the biggest colonial power at the end of the nineteenth century ?
4. Where was Christopher Columbus from ?
5. Of the following, in which did Napoleonic France suffer final defeat?
(A) Battle of Trafalgar
(B) Battle of Wagram
(C) Battle of Pyramids
(D) Battle of Austerlitz
6. According to Marx, the source of value is
(D) None of the above
7. “The word impossible is found in the dictionary of fools” was the famous quote of :
(B) Alexander the Great
(C) Julius Caesar
8. “What is the Third Estate ?” pamphlet associated with the French Revolution, was written by :
(B) Edmund Burke
(C) Joseph Foulon
(D) Abbe Sieyes
9. Which of the following countries is regarded as the home of ‘Fabian Socialism’?
10. The Crimean War came to an end by the
(A) Treaty of Trianon
(B) Treaty of Versailles
(C) Treaty of Paris
(D) Treaty of St. Germain
11. Who amongst the following was not associated with the Unification of Italy ?
12. Hitler became the Chancellor of Germany in
13. Name the country where the first Industrial Revolution took place :
(B) Great Britain
14. The Opium wars were fought between
(A) Britain and China
(B) Britain and India
(C) India and China
(D) Britain and Japan
15. Who was the first Prime-Minister of England?
(A) Oliver Cromweli
(B) Benjamin Disraeli
(C) Robert Walpole
16. Where was St. Paul beheaded?
17. The British Conservative Party was earlier known as
18. Who said, ‘I am the State’?
(A) James II of England
(B) Napoleon I of France
(C) Louis XIV of France
(D) Hitler of Germany
19. Karl Marx lived in exile and wrote from
20. Napoleon-I and the Duke of Wellington fought the famous
(A) Battle of Austerlitz
(B) Battle of Leipzig
(C) Battle of Borodini
(D) Battle of Waterloo
21. The Cremean War was fought between
(A) France and Britain
(B) Russia and Turkey
(C) France and Turkey
(D) Britain and Turkey
22. Absolute sovereign power of the Monarch was advocated by
(A) Thomas Hobbes
(C) John Locke
(D) Karl Marx
23. Alexander the Great died in 323 B.C. in
24. When was the first of the Geneva Conventions on the treatment of war victims adopted ?
25. Which slogan was given by the French Revolution to the world ?
(A) Liberty, Authority, Equality
(B) Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
(C) Liberty, Law, Fraternity
(D) Tradition, Authority, Law
26. The slogan of the French Revolution was
(A) One nation, one leader and one flag
(B) Government of the people, by the people and for the people
(C) Liberty, equality and fraternity
(D) None of these
27. Pablo Picasso, the famous painter was
28. 1917 is know for
(A) Battle of Trafalgar
(B) Battle of Waterloo
(C) End of the World War I
(D) The Russian Revolution
29. Who was a founder member of the Russian Populist Movement “Anarchism” ?
(A) Mikhail Bakunin
(C) Leo Tolstoy
30. Fascism believes in the application of the principle of :
31. What is ‘Reformation’?
(A) Rise of absolute monarchy
(B) Revival of classical learning
(C) The revolt against authority of pope
(D) Change in attitude of man
32. The National Emblem of Italy is :
(B) White Eagle
(C) White Lily
33. Who advocated Nazism in Germany ?
(A) Fedrick William IV
(B) Adolf Hitler
(D) William III
34. The fall of Bastille is associated with the
(A) Russian Revolution of November, 1917
(B) French Revolution of 1789
(C) American War of Independence
(D) Greek War of Independence
35. John Locke profounded :
(A) Social Contract Theory
(B) Theory of Divine Rights
(C) Patriarchal Theory
(D) Theory of Force
36. The Greek viewed “politics” on the basis of :
(A) Both ethical and legalistic terms
(B) Ethical terms
(C) Terms of power
(D) Legalistic terms
37. Who among the following played a prominent role during the “Reign of Terror” in France ?
38. Who discovered the sea route to India ?
39. Potato was introduced to Europe by :
40. Marxian materialism came from the idea of
41. Napoleon got finally overthrown in the Battle of Waterloo in the year
42. The Declaration of the Rights of Man is related with
(A) The Russian Revolution
(B) The French Revolution
(C) The American War of Independence
(D) The Glorious Revolution of England
43. The policy of ‘imperial preferences’ adopted by Britain in its colonies in 1932 is also known as the
(A) Hong Kong Agreement
(B) London Agreement
(C) Ottawa Agreement
(D) Paris Agreement
44. Who said, “Adolf Hitler is Germany and Germany is Adolf Hitler. He who pledges himself to Hitler pledges himself to Germany”?
(A) R. Hess
(D) Communist International
45. Who has called the Prime Minister Primus inter pares (first among equals) ?
46. French revolution broke out in the year :
47. Wall Street collapse led to ____
(A) World War II
(C) U.S. attack on Iraq
(D) Great Depression
48. The ideas of Liberty, Equality and Fraternity, which influenced the Indian National Movement, was taken from ___
(A) American Revolution
(B) Russian Revolution
(C) Chinese revolution
(D) French revolution
49. Where was Pablo Picasso from?
(D) Great Briton
50. “The Three Emperors’ League”, 1873 was also known as
(A) Dreikaiserbund Treaty
(B) Triple Alliance
(C) Reinsurance Treaty
(D) The Dual Alliance