Download direct and indirect speech exercises with answers PDF. Therefore, go through the direct and indirect speech exercises with answers in below enclosed links. Many applicants are searching on the Internet for the direct and indirect speech questions exercises & Previous Years Papers.
Those can refer this page for the direct and indirect speech exercises with answers pdf, direct and indirect speech questions exercise along with the answers. Here, we provide the direct and indirect speech exercises with answers Papers.
Exercises of Direct and Indirect Speech
1. He said, “How cold it is !”
2. The elderly gentleman said to the youth, “Think carefully before you act.”
3. Pramita said, “I am busy now.”
4. Have you heard about a fish out of water ?, said the old man to the traveller.
5. Mother said, “May you live long.”
6. Has my uncle telephoned yet?, said Julian.
7. He said, “I don’t like vegetables.”
8. He said, “Alas! I am ruined.”
9. He said, “I am feeling lonely.”
10. Rama said, “Let’s arrange musical party.”
11. Leela said, “Give me some sugar, Mother, I am hungry.
12. Mother said to me, “Go to school at once.”
13. I said to him, ‘Please explain the passage.”
14. “We must go”, she said.
15. Nandini said to me, “Do you like the film?”
16. He said, “What a beautiful sight!”
17. Leela said, “I won’t sleep unless Sidda comes and tells me stories.”
18. She said, “Can you do this for me?”
19. He said, “These are my books.”
20. “Where were you before?” he asked.
21. Linda said, “Terry did not do this yesterday.”
22. The man said, “What a big mistake I have made!”
23. The man said, “Let us cease the work.”
24. Mother said, “Ganga is a holy river.”
25. “Where do you live?” asked the stranger.
26. He said, “Are you going to school ?”
27. Nandalal Bose said, “The absence of a sense of beauty not only cheats man of aesthetic experience, but it also harms his physical and mental well-being.
28. She said to me, “Can I come with you?”
29. Nandalal Bose said, “They have their own specialities of expression as literature has.”
30. She said, “Please forgive me.”
31. The judge will tell you, “You are not guilty.
32. Ben Price said, “He’s resumed business.”
33. The boy said, “I have seen nothing.”
34. He said, “How stupid you are!”
35. Hema said, “I will be leaving soon.”
36. They said, “We will go now.”
37. Natalya said, “What a surprise! We’ve had the land for nearly three hundred years, and then we’re suddenly told that it isn’t ours!”
38. The man said to the Tsar, “I wished to kill you and you have saved my life.”
39. “I often see our educated men advertise their devotions to art by showing framed pin-ups side by side with good paintings,” said Nandalal Bose.
40. Natalya said to her father, “Please tell this gentleman. Who owns Green Meadows, we or he?”
41. Maria said, “I visited the zoo last year.”
42. Nayana says, “My mother teaches me English,”
43. He said, “I don’t know.”
44. He said, “My brother is coming from Delhi. ”
45. He said, “Are you coming ?”
46. Sourish said to me, “I shop at Chitpur.”
47. “Have you done it?” asked Leela.
48. Henry said, “Does he like it?”
49. She said, “I am sorry.”
50. Sourav said to me, “Why didn’t you come yesterday?”
1. He exclaimed that it was very cold.
2. The elderly gentleman advised the youth to think carefully before he acted.
3. Pramita said that she was busy then.
4. The old man told the traveller whether he had heard about a fish out of water.
5. The girl said that she should be allowed to go.
6. Julian asked whether his uncle had telephoned till then.
7. He said that he didn’t like vegetables.
8. He lamented that he was ruined.
9. He said that he was feeling lonely.
10. Rama suggested that they should arrange a musical party.
11. Leela requested her mother to give her some sugar as she was hungry.
12. Mother ordered/urged me to go to school at once.
13. I requested him to explain the passage.
14. She said that they must go/had to go.
15. Nandini asked me if I liked the film.
16. She told the stranger to excuse her.
17. Leela said that she would not sleep unless Sidda came and told her stories.
18. She asked if I could do that for her.
19. They said that they would go then.
20. He asked where he had been before.
21. Linda said that Terry had not done that the previous day.
22. The man exclaimed that he had made a very big mistake.
23. The man proposed that the work should be ceased.
24. Mother said that Ganga is a holy river.
25. The stranger asked (him) where he lived.
26. He asked me if I was going to school.
27. Nandalal Bose said that the absence of a sense of beauty not only cheated man of aesthetic experience, but it also harmed his physical and mental well-being.
28. She asked me if she could come with me.
29. Nandalal Bose said that they had their own specialities of expression as literature had.
30. She requested to give her a glass of milk.
31. The judge will tell you that you are not guilty.
32. Ben Price said that he had resumed business.
33. The child told her mother that she wanted to touch the moon.
34. He exclaimed that you were very stupid.
35. Hema said that she would be leaving soon.
36. The girl said that her brother had come there long before.
37. Natalya exclaimed that it was a great surprise that they were suddenly told that the land they had had for nearly three hundred years was not theirs.
38. The man confessed to the Tsar that he had wished to kill him and he (the Tsar) had saved his life.
39. Nandalal Bose said that he often saw their educated men advertising their devotion to art by showing framed pin-ups side by side with good paintings.
40. Natalya urged her father to tell that gentleman who owned Green Meadows, they or he.
41. Maria said that she had visited the zoo the previous year.
42. Nayana says that her (Nayana’s) mother teaches her English.
43. He said the he did not know.
44. He said that his brother was coming from Delhi.
45. He asked whether I was coming.
46. Sourish told me that he shopped at Chitpur.
47. Leela asked if he had done it.
48. Henry asked whether he liked it.
49. The boy said that he had seen nothing.
50. Sourav asked me why I had not come the previous day.