WBJEEB ANM and GNM English Grammar Question Papers – ANM and GNM Previous Year Question Paper pdf direct links are in the table below. Aspirants can download English Grammar and start your preparation. All English Grammar Questions papers are as per class 9 and class 10 syllabus of West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
English Grammar Paper given below is only for reference purpose. Interested candidates can check the official page for more details. Check the exam pattern for written examination of ANM and GNM in the table below. Also, download the ANM and GNM previous question paper pdf in the table following.
Before referring the English Grammar previous year paper goes through the exam pattern which helps in understanding the question paper pattern. WBJEEB ANM and GNM Previous Papers help the applicants during the preparation.
WBJEEB ANM and GNM English Grammar Model Question Papers
1. Complete the Idiom by choosing the right part from the alternatives given below:
………….. while the sun shines.
(a) Go away
(b) Make hay
(c) Collect all
(d) Complete all
2. Replace the underlined word with the most appropriate phrasal verb:
He could not check his temper.
(a) hold in
(b) hold to
(c) hold on
(d) hold with
3. Choose the right alternative from the options given:
Truth is stranger than ………………..
4. Choose the right alternative to fill in the blank:
The relics of the Mughal empire are …………. in India.
(d) none of these
5. Of the four, which sentence is correctly punctuated?
(a) We are giving a little party, on Monday next.
(b) We are giving a little party on Monday; next.
(c) We are giving, a little party-on Monday next
(d) We are giving, a little party, on, Monday next
6. Find out the right word to complete the following sentence:-
People generally want…………
7. Complete the Idiom, choosing the right ending.
“Strike while the ……….
(a) heater is there
(b) everything is ready
(c) men are here
(d) iron is hot
8. Which ‘Wh’ form is applicable, to make the following assertive sentence, a proper interrogative sentence?
My father is a teacher.
9. Fill up the blank by choosing correct preposition from below:
I am aware …………… his motive.
10. Choose the word from the list which is nearest in meaning to the underlined part of the sentence:
They had suffered their share of misfortune.
11. Replace the underlined part of the sentence with the most appropriate phrase from the list:
Give me this instead of that.
(a) in quest of
(b) in defiance of
(c) in lieu of
(d) in point of
12. Find out the appropriate preposition to fill up the gap :
I cannot account………. his absence.
13. Find out from the given words the opposite of “Vulgar’
14. Choose from the following words, the word nearest in meaning to the given word: ‘Warp’
15. Choose the word from the list which is opposite in meaning to the word given:
He was so excited that he could hardly speak.
The opposite of ‘excited‘ is
(d) None of these
16. The word Dwell means:
17. Choose from the following, the correct incorrect form of the sentence given:
They said, “We are happy”.
(a) They said I are happy.
(b) They said that they were happy.
(c) We said that we are happy.
(d) They said that they wants to be happy.
18. Find out the appropriate word, that befits the underlined part of the sentence:
He set aside all objections and granted the prayer.
19. Fill in the bland with appropriate preposition from the list:
Great books deal ………….. persistently unsolved problems of life.
20. Choose the right word from the list to complete the sentence and give it an idiomatic turn:
To be very pale in appearance is as pale as a …………
21. Replace the underlined word with the most appropriate phrasal verb:
I entered the train.
(a) got at
(b) got in
(c) got down
(d) got into
22. Choose the word from the list which is nearest in meaning to the underlined part of the sentence:
His brother is just the opposite.
(d) none of these
23. Choose the right alternative from the options given:
Written notes used by a lawyer appearing in a court is
24. Fill in the blank with appropriate preposition from the list:
He persisted ……… hoping against hope.
25. Complete the sentence by choosing the right part:
Nobody has been arrested …………
(a) till tomorrow
(b) in front
(c) as yet
(d) at the backside
26. Find from below, the word that means:
‘A person who mends shoes.”
27. Find out from the following words, the word opposite in meaning to:
28. Choose the correct form of the verb from the options given:
If Ram ………… helped him, he would have passed.
(c) will have
(d) would have
29. Replace the underlined word with the most appropriate phrasal verb:
The soldiers attacked the enemy.
(a) fell into
(b) fell back
(c) fell behind
(d) fell on