On this page, Applicants can check the below links for downloading the Philosophy Question Bank Papers. The Philosophy Question Bank Papers will be helpful for the applicants in their preparation.
Hence, the people can begin the practice by downloading Philosophy Question Bank Papers. The Philosophy Question Bank Papers may not contain the originally asked questions. Free downloading links of the Philosophy Question Bank Papers are enclosed below.
Question Bank on Philosophy
1. Rta is identified with:
(C) Both satya and dharma
(D) Neither satya nor dharma
2. Which of the following alternatives indicates the correct order?
(A) Grhasthasrama, Vanaprasthasrama, Brahmacaryasrama and Sanyasasrama
(B) Brahmacaryasrama, hasthasrama, Sanyasasrama and Vanaprasthasrama
(C) Brahmacaryasrama, hasthasrama, Vanaprasthasrama and Sanyasasrama
(D) Grahasthasrama, Brahmacaryasrama, Vanaprasthasrama and Sanyasasrama
3. The view that moral obligation is based on sentiments is advocated by:
4. Retributive theories of punishment is based on ………….
5. Moral responsibility is based on:
(A) Causal agency
(B) Free agency
(C) Meritorious agency
(D) Social agency
6. The concept of good is primary for the:
(A) Libertarian approach
(B) Contractarian approach
(C) Teleological approach
(D) Deontological approach
7. According to Aristotle, virtues are ………………
(A) Ideas of reason
(B) Skills of habit
(C) Traits of personality
(D) Dispositions of character
8. ‘In a Different Voice’ was authorised by:
(A) Carol Gilligan
(B) J.S. Mill
(C) Simone De Beauvoir
(D) Mary Wollstonecraft
9. Who was an ethical nonnaturalist?
(B) J.S. Mill
10. What do you mean by moral subjectivism?
(A) Individual views on morality
(B) Society’s views on morality
(C) People’s attitudes and opinions
(D) None of the above
11. Utilitarianism is a ……….. ethical theory.
12. ‘‘All that glitters is not gold’’ is a ………….. type of proposition.
13. The subject term of the conclusion of a syllogism is called ………
(B) Middle term
(C) Minor term
(D) Major term
14. The proposition in which both the subject and predicate terms are distributed is a ………… proposition.
15. The relation between ‘A’ and ‘E’ propositions is called ……………
16. Proposition must be …………
(C) Neither true nor false
(D) Either true or false
17. Ahurmazda is the supreme God according to:
18. Guru Nanak is the founder of ………
(D) None of the above
19. Everything in the universe is contingent and there must be something which is non-contingent, and that something is God, which is a necessary being. This is the ……….. argument for the proof of existence of God.
20. ‘Tirthankar’ and ‘ Tathagata ’ are terms associated with:
(A) Jainism and Hinduism
(B) Jainism and Buddhism
(C) Sikhism and Hinduism
(D) Judaism and Jainism
More Question Papers on Philosophy
21. Isvara is only nimitta karana of the world is held of:
(A) Nyaya system
(B) Vedanta system
(D) Mimamsa system
22. Name the author of the article ‘On Denoting’:
23. Frege makes a distinction between the following:
(A) Sense and truth conditions
(B) Truth and truth conditions
(C) Sense and nonsense
(D) Sense and reference
24. Who maintained that language functions not on sentence-to-sentence basis, but as a whole?
(D) Early Wittgenstein
25. What is the nature of Strawson’s metaphysics?
26. Name the author of ‘Philosophical Investigations’:
(A) Early Wittgentein
(D) Later Wittgenstein
27. Wilhem Dilthey introduces the concept of:
(A) Categories of life
(B) Categories of understanding
(C) Categories of consciousness
(D) Categories of objects
28. A major problem associated with the method of hermeneutics is:
(A) Conflict of interpretations
(B) Transparency of meaning
(C) Interdependence of interpretation and understanding
(D) Role of grammar in interpretation
29. Which of the following is not a part of the method of Phenomenology?
(C) Intentional analysis
30. Husserl wanted philosophy to become:
(A) an empirical science
(B) a rigorous science
(C) a speculative science
(D) a normative science
31. Which theory of error is upheld by Samkara?
(D) Vipar ita-khyati
32. According to Ramanuja individual soul is ………….
(A) non-dual with a God
(B) Reflection due to ignorance
(C) Real enjoyer and agent
(D) The Brahman
33. In case of conflict between sense experience and testimony Samkara prescribes to go by:
(B) Sense experience
34. Acceptance of Brahman as Supreme Reality points to:
(A) Subjective Realism
(B) Subjective Idealism
(C) Objective Idealism
(D) Objective Realism
35. According to Ramanuja Dharmabhutjnana and Nityabhuti are …………
(A) Jad Dravyas
(B) Chetana Dravyas
(C) Ajada Dravyas
(D) Unreal drvyas
36. ‘All the wealth belongs to God and those who hold it are trustees not possessor’ was stated by …………
(B) Vinobha Bhave
37. Which of the following would Gandhi not accept?
(A) A good end justifies the means to it
(B) End and means are convertible terms
(C) Satya is the end, ahimsa is the means
(D) End and means are interdependent
38. The journal Harijan was run by …………
(B) Sri Aurobindo
(D) Swami Vivekananda
39. Gandhi criticised industrialisation in one of the following:
(B) Hind Swaraj
(C) Key to Health
(D) My Experiments With Truth
40. Gandhian Economics is based on ………..
(A) Spiritual principle
(B) Social principle
(C) Economic principle
(D) All of the above
41. According to Upanisad Brahman is:
(A) Only saguna and anirvacaniya
(B) Nirguna , nisprapanc, nirvisesa
(C) Saprapanca, saguna and anirvacaniya
(D) Both (A) and (B)
42. The correct title of the theory of consciousness found in Taittiriya Upanisad is:
(A) Paficaskandha (Five aggregates)
(B) Pafcabheda (Fivefold differences)
(C) Pancakosa (Five sheaths)
43. According to Samkhya, the relationship between prakriti and purusa is like ………..
(A) a relation between lame and blind man
(B) a relation between strong and weak man
(C) a relation between two blind men
(D) a relation between two lame men
44. The Author of Samkhyakarika is……
(B) Ishvar Krisna
45. According to Carvaka, the purusarthas are:
(A) Dharma and Artha
(B) Kama and Artha
(C) Kama and Dharma
(D) Kama, Artha and Dharma
46. According to Jainism, reality (sat) consists of …………
(D) All of the above
47. According to Jainism………..
(A) Soul is all-pervading and one
(B) Soul is all-pervading and many
(C) Soul is middle-sized and one
(D) Soul is body-sized and many
48. According to Vasubandhu, the repository of all mental ideas is:
49. Which of the following is not dravya (substance) according to Vaisesika.
(A) Vayu (air)
(B) Kala (time)
(C) Abhav (absence)
(D) Dik (space)
50. In Savitarka samadhi …………….
(A) Citta is concentrated on a subtle object
(B) Citta is concentrated on an abstract object
(C) Citta is concentrated on ego substance
(D) Citta is concentrated on a gross object