At the bottom of this page, you will find ‘Click here links’ for downloading the WBPSC Assistant Horticulturist 2019 Question Papers. Click on the required link & download your related PSCWB Assistant Horticulturist Old Question papers to make as a reference for your scheduled preparation.
Our website will save the time for Government Job Applicants by providing all the valuable material such as Previous Papers, Syllabus & Exam Patterns for all India Sarkari Jobs. Download the WBPSC Assistant Horticulturist 2019 Question Papers and Previous Papers from the provided links.
West Bengal Public Service Commission Department released a recruitment advertisement for Assistant Horticulturist vacancies. Furthermore, details about the PSCWB Assistant Horticulturist Notification, vacancies, eligibility, selection process, WB PSC Written Exam date and Online application is available from below link.
The West Bengal Public Service Commission has issued the notification to recruit eligible aspirants for the vacant Assistant Horticulturist Posts. All the contenders who are seeking for the Government jobs have sent applications online.
For qualifying the above job, every candidate must prepare well. So to make the candidate’s preparation easy, we update the WBPSC Written Test Papers here for free of cost. With the help of these old papers, the candidate will know the pattern of the exam, and also the difficulty of the exam.
We have also provided the pdf of WBPSC Assistant Horticulturist Syllabus here.
WBPSC Assistant Horticulturist Previous Year Question 2019
1. Yellow flowering avenue tree is
A. Delomix regia
B. Cassia alata
C. Cassia fistula
2. In which of the following process, enzyme is inactivated?
3. Leading fruit crop in India with respect to production is
4. Fag is
5. French marigold is
6. Which of the following species of orchid is temperate?
7. Vivipary is observed in _________.
8. Which of the following state is the largest producer of tea in India?
(B) West Bengal
(D) Tamil Nadu
9. Which Mango variety is suitable for high density planting?
10. Organism Psedomonas straita is used as
(A) Suprophytes biofertilizer
(B) Phosphatous solubilizers
(C) Legume inoculants
(D) Endotrophic mycorrhizae
Also Read | Sample Test Papers
11. Micro-propagation if common in multiplication of _______.
(D) All or the above
12. Seedless variety of Mango ________
13. TSS range for mature watermelon is
(A) 8-10⁰ Brix
(B) 10-12⁰ Brix
(C) 13-15⁰ Brix
(D) 6-18⁰ Brix
14. Which one of this vegetable is a deep rooted crop?
(D) Sweet potato
15. Bent neck is a disorder of
16. Which of the following is commercially propagated By bulls?
17. Indigenous cultivar of arecanut is
18. Powdery mildew disease is a serious problem of which of the following crops?
19. Annual flower suited for planting in shade is
20. Most commonly used vegetative propagation method in rose is
(D) Tissue culture
21. Yellowing of lawn gross indicates deficiency of which nutrients?
22. “Pusa Nanha” dwarf variety of Papaya is developed through ______
23. Which is not a garden style?
24. Example of stem vegetable is ______
25. Cultivated strawberry is ________.
26. Magnesium oxide is a
(A) Oxygen absorber
(B) Carbon dioxide absorber
(C) Ethylene absorbers
(D) Both oxygen and carbon dioxide absorbers
27. In squash minimum per cent of total soluble solids should be
28. Latch is stored at low temperature at relative humidity of
29. Minimum isolation distance of cabbage for foundation speed production is
(A) 600 m
(B) 1000 m
(C) 1600 m
(D) 2000 m
30. Which one of these is not the characteristics features of flesh translucency of pineapple?
(A) Increase sensitivity to mechanical injury
(B) Low shell colour and flesh pigment
(C) Lower pH
(D) Lower acids
31. Development of embryo without fertilization is known as ________ .
(D) None of the above
32. Which of the following is categorized as edge plant?
33. For longer storage life of Cucumber, the temperature should be kept at
(B) 10⁰ C
(C) 20⁰ C
(D) 25⁰ C
34. Sugar act as a preservative
(A) by inhibiting enzyme browning
(B) as true poison for microorganism.
(C) by osmosis
(D) by diffusion
35. fruit set in bringal is usually in the flower having
(A) medium style
(B) short style
(C) long and medium style
(D) Short and medium style
36. Sweet com is
(A) moniecious annual
(B) dioecious annual
(C) hetmaphrodite annual
(D) monoecious biennial
37. Exhausting is done at a temperature of
38. French bean is a native of
(A) Mediterranean region
(C) South and Central America
(D) Northern Africa
39. Ganesh is a variety of which of the following fruit crop?
40. Caprification is done in
(D) Date palm
41. Azospirillum fixes
(A) N in soil
(B) P in soil
(C) N and P in soil
(D) N, P and K in soil
42. Tetrazolium test
(A) Differentiate between normal and non dormant seed
(B) distinguish between normal and abnormal seedlings
(C) determines seed viability
(D) determine seed germination
43. Turnip belongs to genus
44. In Papaya papain contains ________ protein.
45. Triploid cultivar of tea is
46. Root of which of the following crop is used for oil extract?
(A) Sweet pea
47. Pre harvest application of which growth substances in citrus retards chlorophyll disappearance?
(C) Gibberrellic acid
(D) Maleic hydraride
48. Open centre system of training is followed in
49. Theobromin in coco is extracted from
50. Nitrogen content of fruit is due to
(A) protein and amino acid
(B) amino acids and ammonium
(C) protein and organic acids
(D) protein and nitrate
51. Which growth regulator is used to reduce period of chilling requirement?
52. Kalipatti is famous verities of ______
53. Which is a heavy climbers?
(A) Antigomon leptopus
(B) Lonicer japonica
(C) Petrea volubilis
(D) Clitoria termatea
54. Disease free plants in micro-propagation can be obtained throw
(A) Meristem culture
(B) Anther culture
(C) Embryo culture
(D) Cell culture
55. Single seeded berry is
56. In which of the following vegetable Vitamin-C is maximum?
(B) Coriander leaves
(C) Drumstick leaves
(D) Bathua leaves
57. Which of the following chemical is used for polyploidy breeding?
58. Which one of the following is a climacteric fruit?
59. Whip tail in cauliflower is due to deficiency of
60. Chromosome number of Mango—
61. Vengurla-3 is a variety of the following Plantation crop:
62. Which of the causes are not a factor of Weeping jelly?
(A) Excess of acid
(B) Low concentration of sugar
(C) Use of non-clarified juice
(D) Insufficient pectin
63. Which of this is a multiplier onion variety?
(A) Early Granco
(B) Arka Niketan
(C) Agrifound Red
64. Seeds are shown immediately after extraction in which fruit?
65. Ready- to- serve fruit beverage contains at leats
(A) 10% fruit juice
(B) 15% fruit juice
(C) 20% fruit juice
(D) 25% fruit juice
66. Edible part of jackfruit is
67. Which enzyme is used for clarification of Fruit juice?
68. Which of the following is a rapid pre-cooling method?
(A) Forced air cooling
(B) Hydro cooling
(C) Vaccum cooling
(D) Evaporative cooling
69. Rose Scented is variety of
70. Essential oil is extracted from
(D) All of the above
71. Pineapple plant generally flowers when the plants attain
(A) 20 to 30 functional leaves.
(B) 30 to 40 functional leaves.
(C) 40 to 50 functional leaves.
(D) 50 to 60 functional leaves.
72. Seed rate of tomato is
(A) 200 to 300 g/ha
(B) 400 to 500 g/ha
(C) 600 to 700 g/ha
(D) 800 to 100 g/ha
73. Major cause of mango fruit drop is:
(A) Lack of pollination
(B) Low stigmatic recepectively
(C) Defective perfect flower
(D) All of the above
74. Tea plantation requires a rainfall of about
(A) 25-50 cm
(B) 50-100 cm
(C) 100-150 cm
(D) 150-250 cm
75. Puffy fruit in tomato if caused by due to
(A) Viral attack
(B) Bacterial attack
(C) Physiological disorder
(D) None of the above
76. Storage temperature and RH of ginger is
(A) 0⁰C and 65%
(B) 13°C and 65%
(C) 18°C and 85%
(D) 23°C and 44%
77. Bitterpit in Apple is due to the deficiency of ______
78. Modified stem of banana is _______
(A) sword suckers
(C) water sackers
79. Which of the following state is the largest producer of rubber?
(A) Tamil Nadu
(D) Andhra Pradesh
80. Tongue grafting ix a modified form of _______
(A) Saddle grafting
(B) Whip grating
(D) None of the above
81. Pusa Majestic is a variety of________
82. Seedless watermelon variety is
(A) Pusa Bedana
(C) Sugar Baby
83. In tomato sauce minimum per cent of total soluble solids should be
84. Which of the following is a non-climacteric fruit?
85. Which type of apomixes is found in apple?
(C) Nucellar polyembryony
(D) Vegetative apomixes
86. Bush type lablab bean is
(A) Arka Komal
(C) Arka Jay
(D) Pusa Early Prolific
87. Which chemical is used for de-greening of fruit?
(C) Gibberellic acid
88. Which of the statement is not true?
(A) Amaranth is hermaphrodite, annual.
(B) Asparagus is dioecious, perennial.
(C) Brussel sprout is hermaphrodit biennial.
(D) Carrots hermaphrodite annual.
89. Which is not a antibiotic preservative?
90. “Fruit of the 21st century” is called _______
91. Carnation species used in cultivation are
92. The fruit of banana is botanically called
93. In which of the following medicinal place root is used for medicinal purpose?
94. Scientific name of by gourd is
(A) Momordica coctinchinensis
(B) Coccinia grandis
(C) Cucurbita ficifolia
(D) Momordica balsamina
95. Which flower is most suitable for drying?
96. Male sterility in beet is due to
(A) Single recessive gene
(B) Plasmic and gene interaction
(C) staminal steriliry
(D) functional pollen sterility
97. Water Use Efficiency of which method of irrigation high?
(A) Flood irrigation
(D) All of the above
98. Length of spike of fancy grade Gladiolus is
99. Which one of the following is a fragrant shrub?
(A) Cestrum nocturnum
(B) Hamelia patens
(C) Lxora parviflora
(D) Thevetia peruviana
100. Pusa Ruby has been developed by crossing
(A) Sioux x Improved Meerut
(B) Improved Meeruti x Red Cloud
(C) EC-55005 x Punjab Tropic
(D) Long Style x Roma