UPSC Data Sufficiency Question Papers for Preparation
Candidates are advised to check with the latest UPSC Data Sufficiency Question Papers. Union Public Service Commission Data Sufficiency Papers helps the applicants during the preparation. Also, helps in understanding the Data Sufficiency question paper pattern and way the questions are given.
Click on the links given below to go to particular UPSC Data Sufficiency question paper pdf. Union Public Service Commission Data Sufficiency question paper direct download links. Click on the links below and download the pdf for free of cost. UPSC Data Sufficiency paper below is only for reference.
Sample Question on Data Sufficiency for UPSC Exams
Directions: Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer
(1) if the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question;
(2) if the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question
(3) if the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question;
(4) if the data given in both the statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question
(5) if the data in both the statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1. In a certain code language what does ‘come’ mean?
I. ‘pit na ja’ means ‘come and go’ in the code language
II. ‘na dik sa’ means ‘you may go’ in the code language
2. What is the distance (in km) between Achalpur and Durgapur by the shortest route?
I. Durgapur is 8 km to the north of Meerapur which is 162 km away from Achalpur.
II. Achalpur is 69 km away from Bijnaur which is 28 km away from Durgapur.
3. Who is sitting to the immediate right of Tanvi among five Friends sitting around a circle facing the centre?
I. Ansh is sitting exactly between Bindu and Suresh and Neel is sitting to the immediate right of Suresh.
II. Tanvi is sitting exactly between Bindu and Neel and Ansh is sitting to the immediate right of Bindu.
4. Is Mr ‘Y’ entitled to get promotion in the month of September 2002?
I. As per his office rules, the only condition for promotion is completion of 12 years of service in a particular grade on 31st December of every year.
II. Mr ‘Y’ has been working in this office for the last 12 years.
5. What is the area of a square ABCD?
I. The perimeter of the square is 16 cm.
II. The difference between the length of side CD and the sum of the lengths of side AB and CD is 4 cms.
6. On which date of a particular year was Aryabhatta commissioned into the Earth’s orbit?
I. China’s secret services claim that it was between 7th and l0th of May.
II. The Japan’s space research scientists claim that it was between 5th and 10th of May.
7. How many employees of bank ‘X’ opted for VRS?
I. 18% of the 950 officer cadre employees and 6% of the 1100 of all other cadre employees opted for VRS.
II. 28% of the employees in the age group of 51 to 56 and 17% of the employees in all other age groups opted for VRS;
8. In a row of five buildings A, B, C, D and E, which building is in the middle?
I. Buildings D and B are at the two extreme ends of the row.
II. Building E is to the right of building C.
9. Which codeword stands for ‘good’ in the coded sentence ‘sin co bye’ which means ‘He is good’?
I. In the same code language ‘co mot det’ means ‘They are good’.
II. In the same code language ‘sin mic bye’ means ‘He is honest’.
10. Among five colleagues, A, B, C, D and E who is the highest salary earner?
I. B’s salary is less than the sum of the salaries of A and C, but more than the stun of salaries of E and D.
II. A’s salary is more than that of both E and D but less than that of C who ranks second in the descending order of their salaries.
Read More Questions on Data Sufficiency
11. What is Madhav‘s birth date if his sister and mother both are right?
I. Madhav’s sister remembers that his birth-date is before twentieth but after seventeenth.
II. Madhav’s mother remembers that his birth-date is after eighteenth but before twenty-third.
12. Who among M, J, K, P and T is the tallest?
I. K is taller than M and T but shorter than J and P.
II. P is not the tallest.
13. How is ‘water’ written in a code language?
I. ‘give me water’ is written as ‘na tom od’ in that code language.
II. ‘come to me’ is written as ‘tom ho da’ in that code language.
14. On which day of the week was Navin on leave?
I. Navin’s mother was hospitalised on Thursday.
II. Navin’s brother was on leave on Friday.
15. M, J, K, N and D are sitting around a circular table facing the centre, Who among them is sitting on the immediate right of K?
I. J is sitting between M and D and D is sitting on the immediate right of N.
II. J is second to the left of K and is the second to the right of N.