Are you searching for Tourism and Hospitality Questions and Answers papers? Then you get at the right place. Here we provided Tourism and Hospitality Questions and Answers Solved papers with solutions.Hence applicants can practice these Tourism and Hospitality Model Questions and Answers Papers to get experience. We have given Tourism Interview Questions Papers. People can check Travel and Tourism Exam Questions Solved papers by visiting the below links.
Looking for the direct links for downloading Hospitality Question Model Papers? If so, here are the direct links for downloading the Tourism and Hospitality Questions and Answers.
Hence, the interested candidates can get the respective Hospitality Interview Questions Old Papers without being paid. Download the Tourism Interview Questions Previous Papers here and prepare well for the exam.
Aspirants who are going to attend the test must read the Hospitality Interview Questions and Answers Papers. So we decided to help the candidates with information related to Hospitality Interview Questions and Answers. Once, you got the Tourism and Hospitality Questions and Answers Papers with Solutions Pdf, you can check the answers for the questions also.
Travel and Tourism Exam Questions papers help the aspirants in the preparation. Hospitality Interview Questions are here. Aspirants can find the respective download links for Tourism and Hospitality Questions and Answers Papers Pdf. Check the latest Multiple Choice Questions on Tourism Industry recruitment details on our page.
Model Questions and Answers on Tourism and Hospitality
1. The first tourism policy was announced by the Government of India in the year__________
2. Eco-Tourism is also known as
(a) Volunteer tourism
(b) Responsible tourism
(c) Ethnic tourism
(d) Pilgrimage tourism
3. Which of the following is NOT a National Park?
4. Which place is known as the ‘golden city of thousand temples’?
5. Charminar in Hyderabad was constructed to commemorate the elimination of which disease?
(b) Yellow fever
6. World Tourism Day was observed on __________, 2017
(a) 27th September
(b) 7th August
(c) 25th September
(d) 14th July
7. Royal orient is operated by the Tourist Corporation of_______
8. Incredible India Tourism Investor’s Summit prompted how many investable projects from across the Country in 2016?
9. Which city of Madhya Pradesh is associated with Kumbh Mela?
10. Which rank was attained by India in World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitive Index?
11. India’s first Net Route Server was set up at ________
(b) New Delhi
12. Which gate was constructed in memory of 90,000 Indian soldiers dying in World War I?
(a) Gateway of India, Mumbai
(b) India Gate, New Delhi
(c) Buland Darwaja, Fatehpur Sikri
(d) Charminar, Hyderabad
13. Splash Tourism is popularly known as
(a) Heritage tourism
(b) Dark tourism
(c) Monsoon tourism
(d) Eco tourism
14. Island Tourism Festival, an annual cultural event organized for the promotion of tourism and entertainment for islanders was held at which city?
(a) Port Blair
15. Which one of the following is a part of adventure tourism?
(c) Bungee jumping
16. According to the 2011 census, which State has the highest number of Christians in India?
17. How many tourists visited India in December 2016?
(a) 8.91 lakhs
(b) 9 lakhs
(c) 7.91 lakhs
(d) 8 lakhs
18. The famous church Basilica of Bom Jesus is located in_____________
19. The group of Islands situated near Malabar Coast is called________
(a) Lakshadweep Islands
(b) Andaman Islands
(c) Nicobar Islands
(d) Diu Islands
20. Which of the following does NOT share a boundary with Mizoram?
21. Which of the following is NOT a geographical component of tourism according to H.Robinson?
22. Pollution is a_______________ problem
(d) All of the above options
23. The division of biosphere which contains minerals, coals etc. is called
24. Which place receives the highest average annual rainfall in India?
(a) Mumbai, Maharashtra
(b) Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
(c) Mawsynram, Meghalaya
(d) Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh
25. Which of the following is classified as Surface Transportation System?
(a) Road transport
(b) Water transport
(c) Rail transport
(d) All of the above options
26. What is the main feature of a time share establishment?
(a) It is a non-star grade facility
(b) It is a private property
(c) Its’ rooms/facilities are shared by guests/tourists according to specified time schedules
(d) It is a property co-owned by the government and private entity
27. ITDC is a hospitality, retail and education company owned by the Government of India, under Ministry of Tourism. ITDC stands for___
(a) Indian Tourism Destination Corporation
(b) Indian Tourist Development Company
(c) India Tourist Destination Company
(d) India Tourism Development Corporation
28. Identify the hierarchical sequence of the Kitchen Staff
(a) Chef d’ cuisine, Sous chef, Chef d’ party
(b) Chef d’ party, Chef d’ cuisine , Sous chef
(c) Sous chef, Chef d’ party, Chef d’ cuisine
(d) Chef d’ party, Sous chef, Chef d’ cuisine
29. Which one of the following organizations operates youth hostels around the World?
30. The term restaurant originated in which country?
31. In which country are capsule hotels popular?
32. The earliest lodging places were called_________
(c) Public houses
33. Which one of the following is not available in the in-flight menu of international flights?
34. The flagship hotel of ITDC located in Delhi is called __________
(a) The Ashok
(b) The Maurya
(c) Grand Maratha
(d) The Kempinski
35. Why are electric kettles provided in guest rooms in four star and five star hotels?
(a) So guests can drink hot water
(b) So guests can brew tea or coffee for themselves
(c) So guests can wash with hot water
(d) So guests can feel at home
36. The two aspects of a catering establishment are providing food & beverage and ________________
(a) Lodging facilities
(b) Customer service
(c) Restaurant facilities
(d) Self service
37. The term ‘scanty baggage’ in hotel parlance refers to a customer with
(a) Suspicious luggage
(b) Poor condition luggage
(c) Less/few luggage
(d) Extra luggage
38. _________ are laid on top of table linen in hotel restaurants to protect the table linen from spillage.
(a) Slip cloths
(b) Table cloths
39. Hors d’oeuvre-in a full-course dinner plan refers to the_________
(a) Third course
(b) Second course
(c) Last course
(d) First course
40. Which State has the maximum number of heritage hotels in India?
(a) New Delhi
41. _________ is the person in charge of serving the wine in a hotel restaurant.
(a) Bar man
(c) Wine server
42. Chef poissonier specializes in the preparation of__________
43. If a golf course, horse riding track and casino have been provided within the premises of a hotel then it is a_________________
(a) Heritage hotel
(b) Resort hotel
(c) Ski resort hotel
(d) Downtown hotel
44. Jadoh is a delicacy that belongs to ________________ cuisine.
45. Who is responsible for awarding ‘STAR’ status to hotels in India?
(b) Minister of Tourism
(c) Director of Tourism
(d) Owner of the hotel
46. Dhokla is a savory snack that originates from which State?
(c) Tamil Nadu
47. _____ is the term used in Sikhism for the community kitchen in a Gurdwara where a free meal is served to all the visitors
48. A hotel employee who handles tour reservations, travel arrangements etc is called_________
(a) Tour manager
(b) Front office manager
(d) Chef de cuisine
49. ‘Cabana’ refers to
(a) Room located near the swimming pool for lounging/changing
(b) King sized room
(c) Studio apartment
(d) Double rooms
50. If the cost of common stock is 14% and bond risk premium is 9% then bond yield will be
(d) 64.28%51. Cost that is related to specific cost object and economically traceable will be classified as
(a) Line cost
(b) Staff cost
(c) Direct cost
(d) Indirect cost
52. Which financial statement displays the revenues and expenses of a company for a period of time?
(a) Income statement
(b) Cash flow statement
(c) Balance sheet
(d) Statement of stock holder’s equity
53. The account format that displays debits, credits, balances, and headings is
(a) General Ledger
(c) General Journal
(d) Ledger account
54. An approach in which company under-costs it’s one product and over-costs at least one product is classified a
(a) Product-cost cross subsidizing
(b) Service-cost cross subsidizing
(c) Product-price cross subsidizing
(d) Product- service cross subsidizing
55. Which account increases equity?
(c) Treasury stock
56. We can say that the business is in profit, when:
(a) Assets exceed Expenditure
(b) Income exceeds Expenditure
(c) Income exceed Liabilities
(d) Assets exceeds Income
57. What is the method of summarizing and classifying the record of financial transaction in monetary terms?
(a) Book keeping
(d) Cost accounting
58. A company can improve (lower) its debt-to-total assets ratio by doing which of the following?
(a) Borrow more
(b) Shift short-term to long-term debt
(c) Shift long-term to short-term debt
(d) Sell common stock
59. The term “credit” in accounting parlance means
(a) Receiving of benefits by the business
(b) It has no effect on the business
(c) Provision of benefits by the business
(d) None of the above
60. The most important goal of business communication is_________
(a) Organizational goodwill
(b) Public relations
(c) Receiver response
(d) Receiver understanding
61. The study of communication through touch is_________
62. Which of the following terms best describes the grapevine as a communication pattern?
63. Which of the following is an example of a nonverbal message?
(b) Eye contact
64. Which of the following is NOT a barrier to effective communication?
(c) Channel richness
65. Which one of the following statement is correct about communication?
(a) Communication is just information transfer
(b) Communications skills are not learnt
(c) Communication is dynamic, not static
(d) Communication can solve all problems
66. In tourism and hospitality parlance, the abbreviation PAX refers to
(a) Airport transfers
(b) Travel passengers/guests
(c) Hotel expenses
(d) Per plate charges
67. Good business letters are characterized by the following personal quality of the writer
68. ___________ is a large bird with a long tail, hunted for sport and food in Western countries.
69. A dish of raw beef sliced thinly, moistened with olive oil and lemon juice and seasoned is called ___________
70. Leaning forward is a posture that indicates__________