TNPSC History Questions
Find the direct download link for TNPSC History Questions paper pdf in the section below. Aspirants who are looking for TNPSC History General Knowledge Papers can find in the table below. Are you searching for the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission History Sample Papers for starting exam preparation?
Don’t worry. We attached the free downloading links of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission History General Knowledge Old Papers. By referring the Last 5 years Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission History Previous Question Papers, candidates can analyse the exam pattern.
TNPSC History Questions Papers will help you to get a good score in the exam. By clicking on the below-enclosed links, you can download the TNPSC History Questions Papers with solutions in the form of Pdf.
History Questions for TNPSC Exam
1. Which of the following pair is not correctly matched ?
(A) Kharvel—Hathigumpha Inscription
(B) Rudradaman—Junagadh Inscription
(C) Samudragupta—Allahabad Pillar Inscription
(D) Nahapana—Bhaje Cave Inscription
2. Who composed the Aihole inscription of Badami Chalukyan king Pulkeshi II ?
3. Who was considered as the founder of Pashupat sect ?
4. What was the term for the ‘Royal Land’ according to Kautilya’s Arthashastra ?
5. The philosophy of Vishishtadvaita is attributed to ………….
(A) Adi Shankaracharya
6. The Tripartite struggle of early medieval period was associated with …………, ………….. and ………….. dynasties in North India.
(A) Pratihara, Rashtrakuta and Pala
(B) Pratihara, Pala and Pushyabhuti
(C) Pratihara, Rashtrakuta and Pushyabhuti
(D) Rashtrakuta, Badami Chalukya and Kalachuri
7. From among the following, who was not a French traveller to India during the medieval period ?
(A) Jean de Thevenot
(B) Francois Bernier
(C) Berthelemy Carré
(D) Francisco Pelsaert
8. Gol Gumbaz was built by :
(A) Yusuf Adil Shah
(B) Muhammad Adil Shah
(C) Quli Qutb Shah
(D) Ahmad Shah
9. The Turks brought with them musical instruments named as :
(A) Rabab and Sarangi
(B) Sitar and Flute
(C) Veena and Tabla
(D) Tanpura and Mridanga
10. Who among the following was the first sultan to dig canals in the Delhi Sultanate period ?
(B) Alauddin Khilji
(D) Feroz Tughlaq
11. Muhammad Tughlaq transferred his capital from Delhi to Daulatabad in ……………….
(A) 1326 A.D.
(B) 1327 A.D.
(C) 1328 A.D.
(D) 1329 A.D.
12. The famous ‘Navrasnama’ is written by …………
(A) Ibrahim I
(B) Sultan Ali
(C) Ibrahim II
(D) Yusuf Ali
13. At the time of Muhammad Ghori’s death in 1206, who was the general who held charge of Uchh region ?
(A) Tajuddin Yalduz
(B) Nasiruddin Qubacha
(C) Qutubuddin Aibak
(D) Ziauddin Shamsi
14. Which of the following cities was not founded by Feroz Shah Tughlaq ?
(B) Firozabad (Delhi)
15. ‘Balwuntnamah’ chronicle was written by …………
(A) Mansa Ram
(B) Fakir Khair-ud-din
(C) Fazl Ali
(D) Feroz Shah Tughlaq
16. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(A) Jaunpur : Atala Mosque
(B) Malwa : Jahaz Mahal
(C) Ajmer : Quwat-al-Islam
(D) Gulbarga : Jami Masjid
17. Who wrote ‘Mukashifat-I-Ainiyah’ ?
(A) Ahmad Aziz
(C) Abu Fazl
(D) Abdul Quadir Badayuni
18. The Moroccan traveller Ibn- Batutah, spent eight years at the court of ……………..
(A) Feroz Tughlaq
(C) Alauddin Khilji
19. The Indian classical work Ragadarpan was translated into Persian during the reign of :
(A) Feroz Tughlaq
(C) Alauddin Khilji
20. To which one of the following Silsilahs did Shaikh Bahauddin Zakaria belong ?
More History Questions for Preparation
21. Who was the composer of ‘Shivarajyabhishek Kalpataru’ ?
(A) Gaga Bhatt
(B) Nischal Puri
(C) Aniruddha Sarswati
(D) Kavi Kalash
22. From among the following statements regarding the work of the Bhakti saints, which one is not true ?
(A) All saints talked about good actions like monogamy, family responsibility, love and affections towards God and all people
(B) All did not ask anybody to renounce the world
(C) They said that Bhakti marg (path) is better than Yoga and Dnyan marg
(D) All did not believe in Chaturvarna
23. Krishnadevaraya assumed the title ‘Yavanarajya Sthapanacharya’ following the captive of :
24. Who was the author of ‘Amukta Malyada’ in Telugu ?
(B) Harihar I
(C) Devaraya II
25. Who wrote ‘91 Qalmi Bakhar’ ?
(A) Krishnaji Anant Sabhasad
(B) Raghunath Yadav Chitragupta
(C) Balaji Avji (The Chitnis of Chh. Shivaji’s Maharaj)
(D) Dattaji Trimal Waqnis
26. From whom did Chhatrapati Shivaji derive his revenue system ?
(A) Sher Shah Suri
(B) Malik Kafur
(C) Malik Ambar
(D) Raja Man Singh
27. Dutch East India Company was chartered in ………..
28. The term ‘Dastak’ implies :
(B) Duty free trade
29. ……….. was the French military officer in the army of Mahadaji Shinde.
(A) De Boigne
30. Who was the author of Neel Darpan (1860) which was translated into Marathi by Moro Vitthal Walvekar ?
(A) Dinbandhu Mitra
(B) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
(C) Vishnudas Bhave
(D) Krishnaji Prabhakar Khadilkar
31. Pagal Panthis sect in Bengal was founded by :
(A) Syed Ahmad
(B) Haji Shariatullah
(C) Karam Shah
(D) Shah Waliuliah
32. Who called Lokmanya Tilak as the father of Indian unrest ?
(A) Valentine Chirol
(B) Lord Curzon
(C) Lord Morley
(D) Lord Minto
33. Which one of the following was not hanged in connection with Kakori Conspiracy Case ?
(A) Bhagat Singh
(B) Ashfaqullah Khan
(D) Ramprasad Bismil
34. ‘Rajarshi’ title was bestowed on Shahu Chhatrapati of Kolhapur by …………..
(A) Kurmi Kshatriya Conference UP
(B) All India Maratha Association Poona
(C) Depressed Classes Mission
(D) Narendra Mandal
35. When was Kolhapur state merged into Bombay Province ?
(A) 15th August, 1947
(B) 8th March, 1948
(C) 1st March, 1949
(D) 26th January, 1950
36. Who was the founder of Akhil Bharatiya Krishak Samaj in 1955 ?
(A) Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh
(B) Keshavrao Jedhe
(C) Dr. P.C. Patil
(D) Sant Gadage Maharaj
37. Satara state was annexed in the year ……………
38. On 25th November 1946, Potti Sriramulu began a fast-unto-death which ended after Mahatma Gandhi intervened. The cause for which he started the fast was ………..
(A) Linguistic organization of states
(B) Opening temples for untouchables
(C) Opposing Hindi as the National language
(D) None of the above
39. In May 1950, this historian served as the Indian ambassador in Beijing and interviewed Mao Zedong :
(A) K.P.S. Menon
(B) Ram Sathe
(C) K.R. Narayanan
(D) K.M. Pannikar
40. Prashanta Chandra Mahalanobis was not instrumental in establishing this institution :
(A) Indian Statistical Institute
(B) National Sample Survey
(C) Central Statistical Organization
(D) National Statistical Commission
|Ancient India||Modern India|
|Medieval India||World History|
41. Who among the following nationalist leaders did not belong to the Congress Socialist group within the Indian National Congress ?
(A) Acharya Narendra Dev
(B) Achyut Patwardhan
(C) Pandit Motilal Nehru
(D) Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia
42. Who among the following was not the President of Indian National Congress ?
(A) Syed Badruddin Tyabji
(B) Syed Ahmed Khan
(C) Rahimtulla M. Sayani
(D) Syed Muhammed Bahaddur
43. The earliest evidence of Homoerectus appeared in :
(A) East Africa
(B) West Africa
(C) North Africa
(D) South Africa
44. The lower palaeolithic stone industry of the South India was also called as :
45. Which of the following is one of the richest palaeolithic sites in Tamil Nadu ?
46. Pieces of Ostrich eggshell have been found at which place in Maharashtra ?
47. ‘Dasyu’ corresponds to ‘dahyu’ in ancient :
(A) Japanese language
(B) Sinhali language
(C) Iranian language
(D) English language
48. Which of the following Sanskrit terms is understood to mean architect in early medieval times ?
49. Which of the following terms is not used for battle in Rigveda ?
50. Which of the following literary works mentioned the expounders of Rajashastra (theory of statecraft) namely—Brihaspati, Bharadvaja, Gaurasiras, Kavya, Mahendra, Manu Prachetasa and Vishalaksha ?