Download Pharmacology Test Bank Previous Papers. Applicants can check the free pharmacology test bank provided below. You can find free download links of question bank of pharmacology. Aspirants can use these advanced pharmacology test bank Solved Papers as a reference.
Go through the below sections to get advanced pharmacology test bank Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern in addition to the Previous Year Question Papers. The free pharmacology test bank questions is given here.
Test Bank on Pharmacology
1. Mechanism of action of statin is
(1) Inhibition of HMG-CoA synthetase
(2) Stimulation of HMG-CoA reductase
(3) Indirect increase of LDL receptors synthesis
(4) Inhibition of intestinal cholesterol absorption
2. Most potent statin is
3. The drugs employed for anti H-pylori therapy include all of the following except
4. Which anti-emitic agent (SHT3 antagonist) can cause Q-T prolongation ?
5. Regarding Aprepitant all are true except
(1) Agonist at NK1 receptor
(2) It block the emetic action of substance P
(3) Metabolized by CYP3AY, 450
(4) It crosses the blood brain barrier
6. Anti-emetic actions are produced by all mechanism except
(1) Decrease CTZ stimulation
(2) H1 Antagonistic action
(3) Olfactory apparatus stimulation
(4) SHT4 Agonistic action
7. A small amount of Atropine is added to Diphenoxylate during treatment of diarrhoea in order to
(1) Suppress associated vomiting of gastroenteritis
(2) Discourage overdose and abuse of Diphenoxylate
(3) Block side effect of Dephenoxylate
(4) Augment the anti-motility action of Dephenoxylate.
8. The following drug is useful in treatment of neurogenic Diabetes insipidus except
9. What is the drug of choice for management of Adrenal glucocorticoid induced Osteoporosis ?
(4) Vitamin D
10. Octerotide is used in all except
(1) For secretory diarrhoea in carcinoid syndrome
(3) Peptic ulcer due to smoking
11. Conversion of T4 to T3 is inhibited by all except
12. The clinical use of leuprolide includes all of the following except
(2) Prostate cancer
(3) Post-menopausal syndrome
(4) Precocious puberty
13. True about pioglitazone are all except
(1) Metabolized by CYP3AY in liver
(2) Selective agonist on PPARY
(3) Also useful in Diabetus mellitus type 1
(4) Should be avoided in patient with CHF
14. Most likely complication of Insulin therapy during treatment Diabetus ketoacidosis is
15. Mifepristone is used in all except
(1) Medical termination of pregnancy
(2) Cervical ripening
(3) Post coital contraceptive
(4) Threatened abortion
16. Which of the following is aromatase inhibitor ?
17. Mechanis of action of Tamoxifen is
(1) It block the activity of GnRH
(2) It inhibits aromatase enzyme lead to decrease formation of estrogen
(3) It has partial agonist and antagonist action on estrogen receptor
(4) It inhibit the release of FSH and LH from pituitary gland
18. Oral contraceptive pill is useful in preventing all of the following except
(1) Ovarian carcinoma
(2) Anaemia by reducing the blood loss in menorrhagia
(4) Carcinoma breast
19. All of the following Insulin analogues are long acting Insulin except
(1) Insulin Glulisine
(2) Insulin Glargine
(3) Insulin Detemir
(4) Insulin Degludec
20. Which Insulin analogue is approved for Intravenous use ?
(1) Insulin Lispro
(2) Insulin Aspart
(3) Insulin Glargine
(4) Insulin Detemir
21. Following statements are true about Sitagliptin except :
(1) It causes post-prandial insulin release
(2) It decreases glucagon release
(3) It slow the gastric emptying
(4) It can cause adverse drug reaction like exfoliative dermatitis and Nasopharyngitis
22. Which of the following does not cause hypoglycaemia with following anti-diabetic agent ?
23. Which corticosteroid has maximum mineralocorticoid activity among the following drugs ?
24. Bremelanotide is approved to use for
(1) Hormone-refractory prostate cancer
(2) Post-menopausal osteoporosis
(3) Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD)
(4) Lower Urinary Tract Symptom (LUTS)
25. True about Tibolone except
(1) It is a non-steroidal drug
(2) It has estrogenic activity
(3) It has progestational activity
(4) It has weak anti-androgenic activity
26. Bisphosphanates are used in all except
(1) Paget’s disease
(2) Vitamin D excess
(3) Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
(4) Hypercalcemia of malignancy
27. All of the following agents are Tocolytics except
28. Pretomanid is a/an
(1) Antiviral drug
(2) Anticancer drug
(3) Anti-Tubercular drug
(4) Drug for Rheumatoid arthritis
29. All of the following drugs are bactericidal except
30. All of the following statements about Penicillin are true except
(1) It is active secreted in nephron tubules.
(2) It is commonly administered orally.
(3) It has narrow spectrum of activity.
(4) It act by inhibiting cell wall synthesis.
31. The following is true about Vancomycin except
(1) It is bactericidal primarily used against gram positive bacteria.
(2) It act by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis.
(3) It can cause dose related ototoxicity.
(4) Vancomycin is not absorbed orally.
32. All antimicrobial agent obtain from Fungi except
33. Which of the following is not true regarding Tetracycline ?
(1) It has antianabolic effect.
(2) It can cause tooth discoloration.
(3) It do not cause superinfection.
(4) It is a bacteriostatic agent.
34. The most common mechanism by which gram negative bacilli acquire chloramphenicol resistance is
(1) Decreased permeability into the bacterial cell.
(2) Acquisition of a plasmid encoded for chloramphenicol acetyl transferase.
(3) Lowered affinity for bacterial ribosomes.
(4) Expulsion of chloramphenicol from bacterial cell.
35. Which of the Fluoroquinolone can be used safely in renal failure ?
36. Cephalosporin which can cause bleeding as adverse drug reaction is
37. Slow acctylators of Isoniazid are more prone to develop
(1) Failure of therapy
(2) Allergic reaction
(4) Peripheral neuropathy
38. In leprosy, the best bactericidal agent is
39. Griseofulvin is not useful in one of the following :
(1) Tinea Capitis
(2) Tinea Cruris
(3) Tinea Versicolor
(4) Tinea Pedis
40. Metronidazole is least likely to be effective in the treatment of
(1) Hepatic amoebiasis
(2) Infection caused by Bacteroides fragilis
(3) Pseudo membranous colitis
(4) Pneumococcal Pneumonia
41. Drugs of the choice for the treatment of neurocysticercosis
(1) Hydroquinone and metronidazole
(2) Mentronidazole and pyrental palmoate
(3) Cyclophosphomide and tinidazole
(4) Albendazole and praziquantal
42. All of the following are protease inhibitor for AIDS except
43. Which of the following statements is false regarding Adefovir dipivoxil ?
(1) Acyclic nucleotide analogue
(2) Weil tolerated orally
(3) Used in chronic Hepatitis B infection
(4) Used in anti-retroviral therapy
44. Anti-malarial drug is known to cause neuropsychiatric adverse reaction
45. Which of the following statements is false regarding Itraconazole ?
(1) It has broad antifungal spectrum.
(2) Oral absorption is reduced by H2 blocker.
(3) It does not have inhibitory effect on CYP3A4 like ketoconazole.
(4) It can be given by IV route.