Industries and Trade Questions and Answers
Industries and Trade Questions and Answers Papers pdf will be available here for download. Therefore, all the contenders can make use of this chance and start to download the Industries and Trade Solved Question Papers. Because by solving the Industries and Trade Objective Model Papers you can improve your knowledge.
Also, check for download the Industries and Trade MCQ Papers with Solutions from the link provided below. The Industries and Trade Quiz helps you to prepare well for the exam topic wise and obtain very good marks.
Therefore, go through this post thoroughly and download the Industries and Trade Last Year Question Papers. All these questions on Industries and Trade are collected from previous year papers and compiled by us.
Questions and Answers on Industries and Trade
1. The first shore-based, modern, integrated steel plant in India is in
2. The Iron & Steel Industry at which of the following places was developed with German technical collaboration ?
3. Which group of the industries maximise savings on transport costs by being located near the sources of materials?
(A) Iron and steel, aluminium, cement
(B) Iron and steel, sugar, cotton textiles
(C) Heavy machinery, cement, sugar
(D) Iron and steel, cement, silk
4. The largest number of cotton textile mills is in—
(C) Tamil Nadu
5. Where are MIG engines assembled ?
6. Which of the following industries are the major beneficiaries of the Mumbai port ?
(A) Iron and Steel industry
(B) Sugar and Cotton textile industry
(C) Cotton textile and Petrochemical industry
(D) Engineering and Fertilizer industry
7. Ankleshwar and Kalol are two oil fields in
8. India exports iron ore mainly to
9. If the commodities manufactured in Surat are sold in Mumbai or Delhi, then it is
(A) Territorial trade
(B) Internal trade
(C) International trade
(D) Free trade
10. The Visvesvaraya Iron & Steel Ltd. is located at
11. Which kind of power accounts for the largest share of power generation in India ?
12. Bhilai Steel Plant was built with collaboration of
(B) Soviet Union
(C) United Kingdom
13. Where was the first iron and steel industry of India established ?
14. Integral Coach Factory is located at
(A) Chittaranjan (West Bengal)
(B) Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
(C) Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)
(D) Perambur (Tamil Nadu)
15. Which one of the following is used in large quantities in Cement Industry ?
16. The Bhilai Steel Plant has been established with the assistance of
17. The number of oil refineries working in the State of Assam is
18. Major iron and steel industries are located in the plateau of
(D) Chota Nagpur
19. The product used for manufacturing of Industrial alcohol is
20. As per studies, the Tummalapalle mine in Andhra Pradesh could have Uranium reserve of
(A) 1 lakh tonnes
(B) 1.5 lakh tonnes
(C) 2 lakh tonnes
(D) 2.5 lakh tonnes
|State and Union Territories||Forest and National Park|
|Political Geography||Climate of India|
|Transportation and Ports||Drainage, Irrigation and Rivers|
|Industries and Trade||Geomorphology|
21. At Sindri in Jharkhand, the fertilizer produced is
(B) Ammonium Phosphate
(C) Calcium Super Phosphate
(D) Ammonium Sulphate
22. Which of the following industries most closely approximates the perfectly competitive model?
(D) Wheat farming
23. Which of the following projects supplies electricity to the Rourkela Steel Plant?
(A) Damodar Valley Project
(B) Hirakud Dam Project
(C) Tungabhadra Project
(D) Nagarjuna Project
24. Access to raw material is the main basis for the location of
(A) Surgarcance industry
(B) Aluminium industry
(C) Electronic industry
(D) Hi-tech industry
25. Which of the following is largely used in textile industries in India?
(C) Synthetic fibres
26. Which is a major shipbuilding centre of India?
27. Nepanagar in Madhya Pradesh has a
(A) sugar mill
(B) newsprint factory
(C) steel plant
(D) heavy engineering plant
28. Which one of the following states produces about 50 per cent of the total silk textiles in India?
(B) West Bengal
(C) Jammu and Kashmir
29. India leads the world in the export of
30. In India, Dhariwal and Ludhiana towns are famous for
(A) silk textiles
(B) woollen textiles
(C) cotton textiles
(D) synthetic textiles
31. The iron and steel industries at Bhilai, Durgapur and Rourkela were set up during the
(A) II Five Year Plan
(B) I Five Year Plan
(C) III Five Year Plan
(D) IV Five Year Plan
32. Kudremukh Iron-ore is exported from these two ports
(A) Kandla and Mumbai
(B) Marmugoa and Mangalore
(C) Kochi and Tuticorin
(D) Paradip and Kolkata
33. India has attained self-sufficiency in the production of
34. Diesel locomotive works of the Indian Railways is situated at
35. It forms the bed-rock of all industrial activities and is considered “mother industry”.
(A) Petro-chemical industry
(B) Cement industry
(C) Iron and Steel industry
(D) Fertilizer industry
36. Which is a port in India having a free trade zone?
37. Industries like electronics and biotechnology which are in the forefront of development are called?
(A) Sunlight industries
(B) Starstruck industries
(C) Sunshine industries
(D) Sunrise industries
38. Which of the following Steel Plants was not built during Second Five Year Plan?
39. Where in India is the biggest steel manufacturer of the world (L.N. Mittal Group) setting up a steel plant ?
40. Which one of the following is presently the largest oil refinery of India ?
(A) Vadodara (IOC)
(B) Mathura (IOC)
(C) Vishakhapatnam (HPCL)
(D) Mumbai (BPCL)
41. India has the monopoly in the International market in the supply of
42. The main competitor for the Indian jute industry is
43. “Manchester” of South India is :
(C) Bengaluru (4) Chennai
44. The second largest producer of cotton textiles in India is
(B) Tamil Nadu
(C) Andhra Pradesh
45. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
(A) Bhilai Steel Plant — Maharashtra
(B) Bokaro Steel Plant — Bihar
(C) Rourkela Steel Plant — Odisha
(D) Durgapur Steel Plant — West Bengal
46. For which type of fertilizer, India is fully dependent on imports
(A) Nitrogen Fertilizer
(B) Phosphatic Fertilizer
(C) Potash Fertilizer
(D) None of these
47. Which of the following is correctly matched with regard to thermal power project ?
(A) Talcher – Andhra Pradesh
(B) Korba – Uttar Pradesh
(C) Kawas – Gujarat
(D) Ramagundam – Madhya Pradesh
48. Where is the shore based steel plant located?
49. Which is the leading state in India in “Ship Breaking” industry?
(A) Tamil Nadu
(D) West Bengal
50. The first oil refinery in India was set up at
51. ‘‘Mumbai High’’ is associated with
52. India is the largest producer and exporter of
53. Which one among the following industries is the maximum consumer of water in India?
(A) paper and Pulp
(B) Thermal Power
54. Which of the following industries is at Koraput ?
(A) Ship Building
(B) Aircrafts Building
(C) Iron and Steel
(D) Electric Locomotives
55. Which place is said to be the Manchester of South India?
56. Which one of the following industries is known as ‘Sunrise Industry’?
(A) Iron & Steel
(B) Cotton Textile
(C) Information Technology
(D) Tea & Coffee