Economic Geography Questions and Answers Papers pdf will be available here for download. Therefore, all the contenders can make use of this chance and start to download the Economic Geography Solved Question Papers.
Because by solving the Economic Geography Objective Model Papers you can improve your knowledge. Also, check for download the Economic Geography MCQ Papers with Solutions from the link provided below. The Economic Geography Quiz helps you to prepare well for the exam topic wise and obtain very good marks.
Therefore, go through this post thoroughly and download the Economic Geography Last Year Question Papers. All these questions on Economic Geography are collected from previous year papers and compiled by us.
Questions and Answers on Economic Geography
1. Largest Mica deposits are in
(A) South Africa
2. Which nation is Mongia Port situated in ?
(A) Sri Lanka
3. Which country is the largest producer of Timber?
(A) United States
4. The most populous and oil-rich country in Africa is
5. The world’s largest producer of desalinated sea water is
(C) Saudi Arabia
6. To reach from Kanyakumari to Colombo, one has to cross
(A) Palk Strait
(B) Palk Bay
(C) Gulf of Mannar
(D) Cook Strait
7. Japan’s famous shipbuilding Industries are located at :
(D) Las Vegas
8. The largest producer of wool in the world is
(D) New Zealand
9. Which one of the following is correctly matched ?
a. North China : Rice
b. South China : Wheat
c. Candy Basin : Coffee
d. Malaysia : Natural Rubber
10. The Daocheng Yading Airport is located in
11. The civilian Airport of highest altitude is in
12. The country where drip irrigation is more efficiently used is
(C) Sri Lanka
13. Ports of the Baltic Sea remain open for trade even during winter because
(A) It lies in the tropical belt.
(B) North Atlantic Drift, a warm ocean current flows in the region.
(C) Local winds keep it warm.
(D) Western disturbances cause abrupt rise in the temperature.
14. Major South-West Asian oil fields are located in
(A) Shore regions of Persian Gulf
(B) Euphratis-Tigris Basin
(C) Arabian Desert
(D) Rub-al-Khali Desert
15. The largest producer of world’s mica is
16. Which of the following countries has highest percentage of land under cultivation?
17. Which of the following is NOT correctly matched ?
(A) Russia – Bauxite
(B) Mexico – Silver
(C) Bolivia – Tin
(D) U.S.A. – Copper
18. The leading producer of aluminium in the world is
19. Leading producer of rice is
20. The greatest producer of Apples in the world is
21. Major producer of sugar is
22. The largest producer of coffee in the world is
(B) Sri Lanka
23. Which of the biomes is called the “Bread Basket” of the world?
(A) Mid-latitude grasslands
(D) Tropical Savannah
24. The shortest air route from Perth to London is
25. Which one of the following countries has no mineral deposits ?
(D) Sri Lanka
26. Which of the following countries contributes the maximum to the world’s diamond supply ?
(D) South Africa
27. Largest producer of Bauxite in the world is
28. The world’s growing appetite for what food product is a leading cause of tropical deforestation ?
29. Which of the following is the world’s largest mining port ?
30. Which of the following is the major copper producing country?
(A) Sri Lanka
31. Which of the following countries is not an exporter of tea?
(A) United Kingdom
(B) Sri Lanka
32. The longest continental Railway in the world is
(A) Trans Atlantic Railway
(B) Trans Siberian Railway
(C) Canadian Pacific Railway
(D) Canadian National Railway
33. Birmingham in U.K. is famous for
(A) Iron and Steel industry
(B) Sugar industry
(C) Paper industry
(D) Aluminium industry
34. Which of the following countries has highest percentage of land under cultivation?
35. Which one of the following characteristics is associated with the ‘Bread Basket’ area of USA?
(A) Moderate rainfall in winter
(B) Heavy rainfall throughout the year
(C) Low rainfall in summer
(D) Long winter with snow
36. Sun belt of U.S.A. is important for which one of the following industries?
(A) Cotton textile
(B) Petro- chemical
(C) Hi-tech electronics
(D) Food processing
37. The best variety of world’s cotton is known as
(A) Sea Island
(B) Upland American
(D) Short staple Indian
38. Detroit, USA, is famous for which of the following industries ?
(A) Iron and Steel
(D) Cotton textile
39. The busiest oceanic trade route of the world is in
(A) Atlantic Ocean
(B) Arctic Ocean
(C) Indian Ocean
(D) Pacific Ocean
40. Extensive areas of grape cultivation in France are especially called
(A) Wine cellars
(B) Grape fields
(C) Grape farms
41. Trans-Siberian Railway terminals are
(A) Moscow and Vladivostok
(B) St. Petersburg and Vladivostok
(C) Moscow and Krasnoyarsk
(D) St. Petersburg and Krasnoyarsk
42. World’s largest producer of coffee is
43. The biggest oil spill in world history took place in the :
(A) Mediterrarean Sea
(B) Caspian Sea
(C) Persian Gulf
(D) South China Sea
44. Cuba is the largest producer of
45. Which among the following is the world’s highest road pass accessible on a motor vehicle ?
(A) Marsimik La
(B) Semo La
(C) Khardung La
(D) Dungri La
46. The correct sequence of countries on basis of fish catch in descending order :
(A) China, Japan, Peru
(B) Japan, China, Peru
(C) China, Peru, Japan
(D) Peru, China, Japan
47. The biggest reserves of Thorium are in
48. One of the leading producers of asbestos in the world is
49. Asbestos is found maximum in which of the following countries?
50. The civilian airport of highest altitude is in
51. The country which tops in the production of cocoa is
(C) Ivory Coast
52. The longest railway line in the world connects _______
(A) New York and Seattle
(B) Leningrad and Vladivostok
(C) Trivandrum and Guwahati
(D) Perth and Sydney
53. Three crops that contribute maximum to global food grain production are _________
(A) wheat, rice, barley
(B) rice, maize, sorghum
(C) wheat, maize, sorghum
(D) wheat, rice, maize
54. The world’s largest and deepest rail tunnel Gotthard Base Tunnel is located in which country?