Punjab PoliceOnline applications are invited for direct recruitment from Indian nationals using the website www.punjabpolicerecruitment.in, to fill up 29 vacancies of Sub Inspector (Operator) male and female in the Information Technology & Telecommunication Wing of Punjab Police, in the Pay Band of Rs. 10300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs. 4600/-, and other allowances as admissible.
Opening date for submission of online Applications 25.08.2016
Closing date for submission of online Applications 15.09.2016
Closing date for deposit of online Admission Fee 15.09.2016
Closing date for deposit of ofﬂine Admission Fee 17.09.2016
Period for submission of Applications from 9:00 a.m. on 25.8.2016 (AUGUST) to 11:59 p.m. on 15.09.2016 (SEPT.) (Applications received after 11:59 p.m. on the Closing date (15.09.2016) will not be entertained.)
The minimum educational qualifications will be as under: -
Bachelor of Computer Application. (BCA)
Bachelor of Science. (Information Technology)
Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology in any of following branches :-
- Electronics & Communication Engineering [E&CE]
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology Engineering
- Software Engineering
Graduation in any other stream with “A” level Computer Course or above from National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT) or Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Course (DOEACC) or Post Graduate Diploma/Post Graduation in Computer Application/Information Technology from any recognized University.
a) The applications would be scrutinized by the Board / Sub—Boards to exclude those candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned above. The candidates whose applications are found in order will be subject to 4—phase selection process - Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement, OMR sheet Based Written examination and Interview. Prior to the 4-phase selection process, the Board may require the candidates to undergo preliminary Medical test / Drug test/ Dope test.
b) The first two phases of 4-phase process, namely Physical Efficiency Test and Physical Measurement, shall be qualifying in nature and the candidates will be declared Passed / Not passed for next phase.
c) The candidates successfully qualifying first two phases will be subject to OMR sheet Based Written Examination of 100 marks. Thereafter, a select list for interview would be prepared. The candidates appearing for interview shall be evaluated out of total 105 marks as apportioned below:
OMR sheet Based Written Examination -- l00 Marks
Interview -- 5 Marks
Total -- 105 Marks
Written Test Syllabusi) An OMR Sheet based written test paper in English medium will be of 100 marks consisting of Multiple choice questions at as many Centers / Sub Centers to be decided by the Chairman of the Board. The break-up of marks for written examination is as follows:-
a) Part I (25 marks) - Questions will be from General Knowledge, Current affairs [National & International), History, Geography, Economy and Polity of India in general and Punjab in particular; Terrorism & Naxalism in India, Environmental Science.
b) Part II (25 marks) - Questions will be from Test of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude & Reading Comprehension.
c) Part III (50 marks) — Questions will be from syllabi as enumerated below:-
COMPUTER SOFTWARE: [20 MARKS]
- Basic Computer /Data communication Terminology.
- Computer Abbreviation.
- Basics of OS, Unix/ Linux and Shell Programming
- Programming and Database management System (C/C++ / Java, Object Oriented Programming, Data Structure through C++ .NET Technology, SQL Server, Oracle Web Designing (HTML, DHTML, lava Script, Flash, Photoshop)
- Number system (Decimal number system, Binary number system, Octal number system, Hexadecimal number system)
- Network Technologies and Internet (IP Addresses, Switches, TCP/IP, VPN, Firewall, Cryptography and System Security, Cyber Crimes)
- Microsoft Office Package / Open office (Word, Excel, power point, Access, Outlook)
- Cloud Computing [Cloud computing concepts, Cloud deployment scenarios, Security in cloud computing)
- Software Testing and Quality Management [Software testing, Testing techniques, Testing Process and Specialized Systems Testing)
COMPUTER AND TELECOMMUNICATION HARDWARE (10 MARKS)
- Basic Electricity and conducting Material: Current, Voltage, emf, Power generation system, Switch- plug wiring, Analyzing Conductivity of elements, Types of Conductors, Semi conducters - Silicon, Germanium.
- Integrated Circuits and Logic Gates- (AND, OR, XOR, NOT, NAND, NOR and XNOR]
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Operating Systems (User Accounts, Windows utilities, Data Backup, Protect Data from viruses, Installing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Drivers, Antivirus]
- Familiarization with DDS, CLI & Linux OS
- MOTHER BOARD IN DETAIL: Nomenclature, technology, standards AMD CPUs, Cyrix CPUs. CPUs: CPU over clocking, Troubleshooting, CPU problems. Chip Sets: AMD chip sets, Intel chip sets, VIA chip sets SIS. Chip sets, OPTI chipsets, Legacy and support ICS.
- PC-ASSEMBLY AND CMOS SETUP AND TROUBLESHOOTING: Observation of all parts of HDD, CD/DVD, and SMPS. Identification of cables and computers. Mounting Motherboard in cabinet Installation of cards, devices and then connecting cables. Fitting of cabinet. CMOS — Setup Troubleshooting.
- BASIC OF PRINTERS: Types of printers and printing mechanism, How printer works Inject printer, working of laser printer, Fonts/Type faces, Trouble shooting printers.
- Regulated Power Supply: Basic regulated power supply using Zener Diode, Basic Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS), Basic Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)
TELECOMMUNICATION (20 MARKS)
- Electronic Circuits: AC Fundamentals, Ohm's law, Series and Parallel connection of Resistors and Capacitors, Half wave rectifier, Full wave rectifier and Bridge rectifier.
- Electronics Components. Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, Transformer types, working and Properties, Voltage and Currant sources, Diode, Zener diode, Photo diode, Light Emitting Diode(LED], Transistors (NPN,PNP], their characteristics and uses, Field Effect Transistor(FET], MOSFET, Photo Transistor
- Basic Measuring Instruments: Multimeters - Analog and Digital, Oscilloscope, RF-Milli Volte meter, RF-Power Meter, AF output meter etc.
- Various types of communication: Ground wave propagation, Space wave communication, sky wave propagation and its layers, Basic idea about Fibre Optic Communication and Satellite Communication. HF, VHF and UHF Communication Networks, Modes: Simplex, Half-duplex, Full-duplex, Asynchronous and Synchronous Transmission
- Modulation: AM/PM/PM Modulation and Demodulation, [Modems/De-Modems), Basic ideas about PAM, PPM, PWM,PCM and DM
- Multiplexing Technologies: Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA], Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)
- Digital and Analog Transmission: Data Transmission through Digital and Analog Technology.
- Familiarization of Phonetic alphabets, figures and punctuation signs.
- Various types of Networks: Two port symmetrical and Asymmetrical networks. Various types of filters, Transmission lines: balanced two wire, coaxial type, wave guides, fiber optics.
Minimum qualifying marks in written examination will be 50 for General Category and 40 for the candidates of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes and Backward classes. No rounding off will be permitted while comparing marks obtained in written examination with minimum qualifying marks.
Compilation of Result of Written Examination shall be undertaken by the Recruitment Board and select list for interview will be prepared. Out of candidates securing minimum qualifying marks in written test, candidates three times the number of vacancies advertised in each category shall be called for interview.
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of their personal bearing, communication skills, knowledge of computers, general awareness and general level of intelligence etc. and maximum five marks shall be awarded for the interview.