Odisha SSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officers SyllabusOnline Applications are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 115 numbers of contractual posts for Assistant Commercial Tax Ofﬁcer (ACTO) under Commissioner of Commercial Taxes.
It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he/she is eligible to apply for the post as per this advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online application form. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite examination fee, his/her candidature will be cancelled forthwith. Further, OSSC reserves the right to debar such candidates from applying for other recruitment examinations conducted by OSSC either temporarily or permanently.
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised University.
- The candidate must have passed Odia language equivalent to ME standard.
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall possess requisite qualiﬁcation (educational and age eligibility)
- Be able to read, write and speak Odia and have Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or passed in Odia as language subject in the ﬁnal examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not he appointed to the service. If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
(a) Preliminary Examination: General Awareness-1 hour & 30 minutes of duration-100 marks (qualifying in nature).
- There will be negative mark @ 0.25 per wrong answer in the Preliminary Examination.
- Candidates about 12-times of the number of vacancies in each category shall be called for appearing the Main Written examination.
(b) Main written examination - 300 marks
- Arithmetic- 1 hour & 30 minutes-100 marks (OMR system)
- English- l hour & 30 minutes-100 marks (Descriptive)
- General knowledge - l hour & 30 minutes-100 marks(OMR system)
Total -300 marksCandidates about 3-times of the number of vacancies in each category shall be called for appearing the Viva-Voee Test.
(c) Viva voce Test- 30 marks
Details of Syllabus:
(a) Preliminary Examination Syllabus:
The preliminary. examination will be of 100 marks on General Awareness with Multiple Choices Questions (MCQ). Questions will be on the subject like Arithmetic, General Knowledge, English & Odia (25-marks in each subject).The questions of Odia & English are to test the candidate’s English and Odia language proﬁciency, grammar and usage. General knowledge includes subjects like General Science, Current events, History and Geography of India/Odisha, Indian polity & Constitution, Socio economic scenario of India/Odisha, issues in Environment & Human rights. The questions of Arithmetic will be of HSC standard.
This examination will be a screening test, qualifying in nature, to short list candidates for main written examination. Candidates about 12 times of the number of vacancies in each category shall be called for appearing the main written examination.
(b) Main Written Examination Syllabus:
- Vulgar Fraction and decimal
- Simple and Compound practice and L.C.M
- Simple and Compound interest rates and taxes
- Square and Cubic measures in metric system, ratio and proportion
- Problems on time & work and time & distance, Proﬁt & Loss.
Note- The standard will be equal to that of High School Certiﬁcate (HSC) Examination.
- An Essay to be written in English 30 marks
- A letter to be written in English 20 marks
- Summary or precis of two English passages 30 marks
- Translation and re-translation from English passage to Odia and Odia passage to English. 20 marks
General Knowledge will be a test of awareness of current events, particularly in respect of Odisha; History, art literature, culture of Odisha; and other matters of day to day observation and experience and basic computer knowledge.
(c) Viva Voce test :- There shall be viva-voce test of 30 marks. Basing on the performance in the Main Written examination, candidates numbering up to 3-times the number of vacancies (Category wise) will be called for viva voce test.