OPTCL is looking for bright, qualified and energetic personnel with brilliant academic record to join the Corporation as OFFICE ASSISTANT GRADE-III (Trainee).
Opening Date of online submission of Applications 28.06.2016, 11 AM
Closing Date of online submission of applications 27.07.2016, 7 PM
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited Office Assistant Essential Qualification
i. A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or possess such other qualification equivalent there to.
ii. And the candidate must have adequate knowledge in computer application.
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited Office Assistant Selection Procedure
The selection process involves Computer Based Test (CBT) and Skill Test (Practical) in Computer
- Eligible candidates will be called for Computer Based Test comprising Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from English (30%), Computer Application (15%), Mathematics (15%), Reasoning & Mental Ability (20%) and General Awareness (20%). The CBT will be of Three (3) hours duration.
- Candidates who qualify in CBT and be shortlisted will be called for Skill Test in Computer Application in prescribed criteria.
- The merit list will be drawn purely on the basis of Performance in the CBT and Skill Test in Computer Application.
- The offer for appointment shall be issued to the selected candidates on the basis of merit.
- However the final appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their medical fitness as per the prescribed standard.
- On selection they shall be posted at any of the offices of OPTCL throughout Odisha.
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited Office Assistant Syllabus of the ExaminationThe Computer Based Test (CBT) & Skill Test (Practical) shall consist of the following subjects carrying marks as shown against each:
(A) Computer Based Test: Duration 3 Hours Total 200
- English – 60 Marks
- Mathematics – 30 Marks
- General Awareness – 40 Marks
- Test of Reasoning / Mental Ability – 40 Marks
- Computer Application – 30 Marks
(B) Skill Test in Computer Application: 50 Marks
Only those candidates who have been shortlisted after the CBT shall be called for the Skill Test in Computer Application.
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited Office Assistant English Syllabus
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Error Correction/ Recognition
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Fill in the Blanks with Articles etc.
- Answering Questions based on Unseen Passages
- Antonyms (This section is designed to test the language abilities and understanding of English Grammar)
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited Office Assistant Mathematics Syllabus
- Mensuration (2D & 3D)
- Statistics & Probability
- NOTE: Questions shall be of Class 10th standard. (This section tests the quantitative and Mathematical Skills of the candidate. Question will be asked from the following categories. Questions shall be of Class 10th standard.)
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited Office Assistant General Awareness Syllabus
- Current Affairs (National & International)
- Major financial/ economic news
- Budget & Five year plans
- Who’s Who
- Books & Authors
- Awards and Honours
- General Science
- Important days
- International & National Organisations
NOTE: Questions will be such that they do not require any special study of any discipline. ( This checks whether the candidate herself/himself up-todate about the world around them)
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited Office Assistant Mental Ability Syllabus
- Numeric Series
- Alphabet Series
- Test of Direction Sense
- Number Ranking
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Problem of Age Calculation
- Decision Making etc.
- Non-Verbal Series
- Mirror Images
- Cubes & Dice
- Grouping Identical Figures Embedded figures, etc.
- (This section tries to test the reasoning abilities and mental aptitude of the candidate)
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited Office Assistant Computer Application Syllabus
- Computer Fundamentals
- Windows (MSWindows)
- Word Processing (MS Word)
- Spread Sheet (MS Excel)
- Presentation Knowledge (MS Power Point)
- Usage of Internet services
- Communication Technology, Networking Concepts